Farrar Corp utilizes Robert Sinto automated horizontal molding machines exclusively. We have three production lines; two make 20″ x 24” molds while the third produces 14″ x 19″ molds.
Our mold handling systems have been designed with an eye toward casting quality and scrap reduction. Rather than utilizing carts that roll over sand covered tracks, our molds are suspended from the ground and sit on Gondolas that avoid the bumping and jostling associated with conventional handling systems.
Our flexible weight system is a step up from the traditional flat weights used by most foundries. Flat weights end up applying an uneven distributution of weight over the top of the mold. This can cause mold crush in some areas and metal run out in others. Our system applies uniform pressure to the top of the mold and puts the weight were it is needed.
Foundry Equipment List
- 2 – 2500 KW Inductotherm Furnaces (10,775 lbs/hour melt rate)
- 2 – 20” x 24” Robert Sintos (with 124 position mold handling systems)
- 1 – 14” x 19” Robert Sintos (with 164 position mold handling system)
- Core Making
- 1 – IMF 3100 Iso-Cure machine
- 1 – B&P CB-15 Iso-Cure machine
- 1 – Shallco U-180 Shell Core machine
- 1 – Dependable Shell Core machine
- Cleaning Room
- 3- Robert Sintos Barinder CNC Grinders
- 3 – SNAG Grinders