Expertly CNC Machined Castings & Patterns
Farrar Corporation operates an advanced CNC machining facility that is streamlined to manufacture the size and weight of the castings we produce in house. As a result, we can deliver fully machined iron sand castings and patterns with industry-leading turnaround times and ISO 9001:2015 certified quality.
Precision CNC Machining Services
Farrar Corporation is capable of machining customer-provided castings with the same guaranteed quality and consistency that our in-house products deliver. We offer our expert CNC machining services for castings that exceed the size capacity of our production equipment, as well as for products that require metals and alloys that we don’t typically manufacture.
Backed by Over 85 Years of Pattern-Making Expertise
Operating our own in-house CNC machine shop allows us to streamline the entire manufacturing process while upholding the highest quality standards for your custom castings and patterns.
With our unparalleled expertise in the pattern-making industry, we offer optimized CNC machining solutions that minimize the turnaround time between prototype and production while ensuring ISO-certified manufacturing consistency at every stage of the production process.
Custom CNC Machined Iron Castings
Delivering the highest quality finished castings possible often requires CNC machining to manufacture your turnkey products with the exact tolerances and specifications you provide. Farrar Corporation is outfitted with some of the most advanced CNC milling and turning equipment on the market, enabling us to handle the custom machining of your patterns and castings with industry-leading results.
In addition to our close-tolerance pattern-making capabilities, Farrar Corporation’s streamlined CNC machine facility substantially increases our throughput and allows us to deliver rapid-response production for both our in-house and customer-provided castings.
Machine Shop Equipment List
CNC Horizontal and Vertical Mills
- 1 – Okuma 4VAE
- 1 – Haas VF-4
- 2 – Okuma MA600 (40” x 40” x 36”)
- 2 – Mori Seiki SH6330/SH633 (33” x 33” x 30”)
- 3 – Mori Seiki NH4000 (22” x 22” x 25”)
- 4 – Mori Seiki NH5000 (29” x 29” x 33”)
- 2 – DMG Mori NTX2000/1500SZM (5 axis; 10” chuck; live tooling)
- 1 – Mori Seiki ZT2500 (2 axis; 10” chuck; live tooling)
- 1 – Mori Seiki CL25 (2 axis; 10” chuck)
- 1 – Hardinge GS250 (2 axis; 10” chuck)
- 2 – Okuma L1420 (2 axis; 10” chuck)
- 1 – Okuma LC40 (2 axis; 12” chuck; live tooling)
- 1 – Okuma LB45 (2 axis; 25” chuck; live tooling)
- 6 – 6, 6A, 7, 7A Fellows Gear Shapers
- 1 – Barber Coleman Gear Hob
- 1 – Horizontal Hydraulic Broach