In this Q&A, we wanted to hear from a few team members that help operate our two CNC Machining facilities. To deliver ISO-certified quality products to our customers on time, it takes highly skilled individuals who all possess excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail. Farrar machinists are trained to operate advanced machining centers from DMG-Mori, Okuma and Haas, and their role is crucial to finishing our promise of a vertically integrated process. Below are the thoughts taken directly from our team members on several aspects of their job.
What do you like best about working in the manufacturing industry?
- You can physically see and touch the final product of your efforts.
- That the parts we build go on so many different things that help make a better and easier life for us.
- Staying active!
What are the challenges you face when operating a machine?
- I’m primarily doing the 1st run of a new part, so my challenge is always to get the new part running in spec and as efficiently as possible.
- None I do it all from indicating in pallets and setups to making programs or adjusting programs.
What do you like best about working at Farrar?
- I learn something new every day.
- Not only the convenience of working in my backyard but also being able to provide a service to so many different companies. Whether they are a small or global company, we treat them all as if they are our #1 customers.
- It’s a smaller company where most everyone knows each other’s names
What is the most challenging part of your job?
- Problem-solving. There’s a new issue every day, and we must figure it out together.
- Really, I don’t have any. Whatever challenge comes my way I just overcome it and move on.
- Keeping operations of all the different machines straight.
What is the most rewarding part of your job?
- When we finally solve a complicated issue, it feels good to see how much better the product comes out or how much more efficiently it is produced.
- The company recognizes all the hard work and time we put in for our customers and acknowledges and thanks us for it.
- Watching good quality parts getting out the door.
What do you think sets Farrar’s products apart?
- The quality of our products will outperform most any others.
- Attention to detail and keeping parts that wouldn’t meet customer satisfaction from reaching the customer.
- Because we treat each customer like they are our #1 customer and strive to produce the best work we can for them. Whether from good castings or all the way up to machining it for the customer. We take pride in our work and in our products. That’s why I feel customers come to Farrars to get quality parts and excellent customer service.
Farrar is proud of the work all our employees do to help provide the customer with creative solutions, world-class products, and top-notch customer service. If you are interested in joining our team, visit our careers page. To learn more about our machining capabilities visit our Machine Shop page or Machining page. If you are interested in using Farrar for your next project, visit our contact page to request a quote and get in touch with our manufacturing experts.